Monday, June 27, 2011

Oatmeal Cinnamon Muffins

So I got up this morning thinking muffins sounded good, however I didn't get around to making them until this evening. I found this recipe on Allrecipes and am trying to eat healthier baked goods. These were pretty good, my only complaint like other people was that they stuck to the muffin cups. I did change the recipe a little bit.

1 cup oats
1 cup buttermilk (I didn't have any so I made my own with milk and lemon juice)
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
cinnamon
I also added a 1/2 cup of applesauce

Combine oats and buttermilk and let sit for 5 minutes.
Stir in eggs then apple sauce.
Combine dry ingredients and then add to wet mix until moist.
Fill baking cups about 2/3 full.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.

Very tasty but like I said I can't figure out why they stick to the muffin cups, if you can please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment