Monday, June 27, 2011

Bumblebee Cupcakes

A new guy started at Ryan's work so I thought I would make cupcakes to welcome him to the Blue Dog Crew. I didn't have a recipe for dog cupcakes but did have one for Bumblebee cupcakes that I thought would be really cute. I used boxed cake mix, the recipe called for banana but I thought Lemon would taste better so I used Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix.

I then bought Cream cheese
frosting, if I had more time I would have made my own.. but alas time got away from me.

You'll need gum drops, black gel frosting and black licorice.

Use a couple drops of yellow food col
oring to dye the frosting.

Cut the black licorice so you have about 1.5 inch pieces
for antennas.

I tried to find a bag of all yellow gum drops but due to cost just bought Meijer brand and u
sed all of the different colored ones.

Frost the cupcakes one at a time.


Place one gum drop on the front for a head and two down the middle, all the same color for the body. Then choose 4 more all the same color and put 2 on each side of the body for wings.

Stick the black licorice in between the head and body for antennas and use the black frosting to draw eyes on the head and stripes on the body.


These are a very cute su
mmer dessert for a picnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment