Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday morning Breakfast

I was cleaning out the freezer yesterday and discovered that I had some hash browns and breakfast sausage and decided to make a breakfast casserole this morning. Since Ryan and I are not huge egg fans I was so happy to have found a casserole that wasn't loaded down with eggs. I made it for 6 servings since there was just 2 of us and it was just enough. If you're serving more people, just double or triple the recipe.

Amish Breakfast Casserole

Sliced sausage or bacon
Onion chopped
Green pepper chopped (the recipe didn't call for this but I had one fresh from the garden and threw it in)
2 cups thawed frozen shredded hash browns
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup of another flavor of shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook meat, onion and pepper
Combine the remaining ingredients
Add the meat mixture
Put in a greased baking dish
Bake 35-40 minutes
Wait 10 minutes to cut

This was quite enjoyable and would definitely be good for company or holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment